Intolerance or Intelligence - Jesus is the Only Way


I now laugh when I get on Facebook, Twitter, read the paper, or watch the news, and I see comments land blasting Christians for being intolerant and narrow-minded. Do people not realize their attacks and demands of silence of Christianity as narrow-minded and intolerant?
I am aware the topic of universalism and all roads lead to God brings up these responses, and truth must not be ignored.  When challenged with the statement “God is love and therefore God is the god of all religions” the simple answer is “No. That is wrong.”

Why do I make such an “intolerant and narrow-minded” statement? First, if you actually examine religions of the world, they are contradictory. Moses and Abraham taught and acknowledged only one God. Krishna believed there are many gods. Buddha was an agnostic. So you are going to argue that they are all right? The belief that all is right and none are wrong is illogical and ridiculous.

Next look at the fundamental difference of Christianity and other world religions. All other world religions make it about the individual and the work they can do to earn a good afterlife. Christianity is a gift of grace. Pagan religions equal a guessing game where Christianity is assurance.

Last look at the claim of Christ. Jesus said “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). No other holy man, prophet ever claimed this. They pointed to a way, that is all.  In past blogs I have provided an apologetics to the proofs of the Bible and the resurrection of Christ. His resurrection backs up His claim to be God. Jesus raised Himself up from the dead and lives. All the others are dead. 

I ask, is it reasonable and coherent to posit that all roads lead to Rome? If I drive East on I-80, I will not get to Los Angeles.  If all forms of exercise results in a chiseled Schwarzenegger body, I will be severely disappointed. Therefore it is foolish to assume that all religions and beliefs connect people to God and a Heavenly eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Christians Be MEGA SURE of God's Existence? Part 1

How do we know Jesus' resurrection is legit?

5 Reminders from Untimely Death