4 Powerful Traits of Standout Entrepreneurs

I don’t know about you, but there have been different stages of my life where I asked myself “why am I not getting the results I want.” I then go into a process of analysis and asking question after question. It is can be almost maddening as I go round and round. I recently entered that circle.


Thankfully I had a conversation with one of my biggest cheerleaders: my mom. As a former successful entrepreneur and business owner, she knows what it takes to be a standout in any career.

Our conversation went like this:

“How are you doing, Nat?”

“Frustrated, Mom.”

“Why’s that?"

“Because I am stuck! I cannot figure out how to take our business from good to great.”

She paused and then said these revelatory words:

“You’ll be great when you stand out.”

Wow. She was right. She then provided me with 4 powerful traits of standout entrepreneurs:

They destroy the box. Stepping out of your box is not easy. To be a standout entrepreneur, you need to be different. You need to be yourself. You need to stand out in the crowd. To do this, you need to remove yourself from whatever realm you are in for a period of time and disconnect. Then you can return to your business with new and limitless lenses.

They stop thinking old and start thinking new. Too often we are trying to recreate the roads already laid. Stand out entrepreneurs understand the principles of the past, but they don’t stay there. We don’t need another Stephen Covey or another Apple. We need you and your new idea.

They never stop learning. Stand out entrepreneurs are studying and interviewing their peers. Rick Warren said, “If you’re not learning, you’re not leading.” Standout entrepreneurs also leave their field and get inspiration from standouts in other fields. If you’re in restaurants, go study standout shoe stores or standout salons.

They act. Standouts don’t just destroy the box, think new, or learn with gusto. They put it to action. Far too many are academic students alone. They are too afraid to step out and make their dreams into a reality. But not you. You are a standout ready to begin.

If you are reading this you are a stand out. You are proud to be you. You are ready.

If you haven't yet figured out who are you, why are here, and want to contact me. I find no greater pleasure then helping you live a life on purpose.

Question: Who are you? What makes you a standout? What was your process in discovering this?

If you want to learn more about how I lost 100lbs, fixed a marriage, overcame self-sabotage and raised my income, read more at www.natcrawford.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Christians Be MEGA SURE of God's Existence? Part 1

How do we know Jesus' resurrection is legit?

5 Reminders from Untimely Death